Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Up in the Clouds

Our final project in studio was to create a luminaire, based on a natural light phenomenon.  My light phenomenon was a large body of clouds, with the sun at the very base of the clouds, illuminating the mass of clouds so brilliantly it seemed to be bigger than anything I could imagine.  I wanted to take this idea, illuminating a mass of clouds and turn it into something real; I wanted to build my own cloud.  Cliche? Well, have you have seen a cloud up close?  Have you been able to hold a cloud?  Walk up to one and around it?  Now you can. 


Early Cloud Light Model
Building the cloud- Base

Base- Side view

Base with Half of Cloud and Bulbs Attatched


Completed Cloud In Natural Light- Not turned on



Turned On in Natural Light





No comments:

Post a Comment