Sunday, January 30, 2011

Light Box Final

Natural Light- No Outside Light Source


Outside Right View

Outside Left View










Top View




Changed to Cloudy Setting on my Camera



For the light box project I, naturally, wanted to put the light inside the light box and create a glow.  The challenge to create shadows really toggled my brain.  I went with the idea to create a light box that looked like the light was erupting from behind the board; the shadows would create a wall of light cracking through dark.  The inside of the box design was chosen so the light would have a full surface to reflect onto, since (hypothetically, if the box was the inside of a building) the sun would probably not be straight over the building at all times.  I did not design the box with the intention of the light being stationary, as i enjoy the ever-changing patterns the light creates on the inner wall.  I designed the curved wall not all the way to the floor because i like the straight on permanent division of light that the darkness creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment