Sunday, November 7, 2010

Peer Sketchz

   While flipping through Matt's sketchbook I noticed his sketch style is very different from my own.  Matt sketches with swift lines to get down general ideas, with details added later, over the gesture lines.  I think the style is displyed clearly in this sketch, as the stick is made with what appears to be softer lead than the lead designated to detailing the notches of the stick.  I picked this sketch because of the simplicity of Matt's sketches.  His swift lines would make one think they are just to get an idea down, but his attention to curves and movement in the stick show that though his first line may be swift it was thought out before he drew it.  Also, I usually associate simple drawings with cliche images for things, but though these drawings are simple with minimal detail, they show that he looked at the sticks to get every curve right rather than imagining where the curves and twigs may be placed.

    

     While flipping through Molly's sketchbook I noticed a very different sketch style.  Molly's sketch style is carefully thought out and detail oriented.  In this sketch, especially, I like the attention to detail on the border of the leaf. The border twists and turns, and it shows that she spent alot of time trying to get the shapes right.  I appreciate the patterns in the leaf and the attention she gave to the leaf as a whole.  I picked this sketch, mostly because of the detail in the sketch.  I think the leaf looks very life like and the darker lines almost appear to make the leaf look translucent.




Kudos, Ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment