Friday, April 29, 2011

A few of my favorite things

These are a few of my favorite things...

                                                                       
Bonnaroo 2007
Space-   Under a tent, or make-shift tent, on a hot summer day. There's nothing like escaping the disgustingly sweaty,2nd degree burn bringing sun by popping up a tent or some tarps and taking a mid-day catnap.
                             






















      Object-  My pink utility knife I received for Christmas, complete with pliers, bottle opener, mini saw, Phillips head screw driver, knife blade, and flashlight.  Best of all- it is  pink.














NYC 2008
Building- NYC Subway System.  I would consider this a building because you have to enter it by walking down stairs or riding down an escalator.  I enjoy the thrill of descending beneath the natural glow of a thriving city to a series of tunnels where you only hear loud rushes of sound and wind when the subway arrives, along with the mingled conversations of those around.  I also enjoy the tiny bit of excitement everyone feels when they look down the tunnel and see the lights of the train before the train itself.   I enjoy the people of every color and origin that you may encounter, and even the sketchiest of people because it reminds you that everyone has a story.












Savannah 2008
Place- Savannah, Georgia.  Maybe it's because my first choice college was Savannah College of Art and Design, but I fell in love with the city upon first visit.  The city is so full of history, with each building having it's own story, a school filled with some of the most creative and imaginative students in the country, and an old south feel that welcome's all.  I enjoy the Spanish moss that hangs over every park walkway, the tranquil colors of the houses, and the fresh smell of the river when you're walking along the boardwalk.  The people are so inviting, there are musicians that will play according to your vibes, and the open container law makes everyone outside a little more friendly.  


Savannah 2008
  















Savannah 2008













Savannah 2008

1 comment:

  1. Originally from New York, I especially love your take on the NYC subway as your building favorite and you really give terrific thoughts on why chose the items you did.
    I hope you have a great summer and best of luck in second year!

    ReplyDelete